For even the most botanically inept, terrariums are super easy to make and incredibly low-maintenance. They also make pretty much the best gifts or party favors ever.
- Step 1. Choose an open or closed glass container of some sort.
- Step 2. Cover the bottom with an inch-thick layer of pebbles or rocks to create a false drainage system for the plant roots.
- Step 3. Add a thin layer of activated charcoal keeps the water fresh, and prevent mold and bacteria from building up.
- Step 4. Add a layer of potting soil. They also make a special mix if you choose to use cacti and succulents instead of moss and ferns.
- Step 5. Place plants in the terrarium, starting with the largest plant first.
1. Light Bulb Terrarium
2. Magnetic Tin Terrarium
3. Syrup Dispenser and Salt Shaker Terrariums
4. Cactus Terrarium
5. Succulent Sea-Themed Terrarium
6. Tea Cup Terrarium
7. Apple Cider Jug Terrarium
8. Christmas Ornament Terrarium
9. Terrarium Necklace
10. Pendant Lamps
11. Table Place Holder
12. Terrarium House Made From Picture Frames
13. Hanging Terrarium
14. Colored Sand Terrarium
15. Recycled Soda Bottles
16. Spice Jars
17. Pumpkin Gourds
18. Fish Bowls
19. Cake Stand Terrarium
20. Terrarium Kits from Etsy