Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe – Comforting soup filled with onions, peppers, black beans, corn, and finished off with a little cream to give it that extra little something!
CHEESY SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SOUP INGREDIENTS!
- Olive oil
- Green bell pepper
- Green chiles
- Chili powder
- Cumin, divided
- Chicken broth
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- Heavy cream
- Black beans
- Topping: Shredded Jack cheese, cilantro or green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a large pot, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and peppers. Saute for about 10 minutes. Season with 1 tbsp chili powder, and 1 tsp cumin.
- Add green chiles and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add flour, stir to combine, and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in broth while stirring. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, seasoned with remaining chili powder and cumin and creole seasoning. Boil for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add corn, black beans, and heavy cream. Cook for about 10 more minutes. Taste to season.
- To serve: Spoon soup into a bowl. Add some tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and cilantro and/or green onions.