Marshmallows or marshmallow recipe have been a favorite for camps sweet, cold evenings and decoration of some desserts. It is a soft, sweet and fluffy candy usually enjoyed alone or accompanied by roasted hot chocolate. Consuming high levels of sugar can cause imbalance in blood glucose and, in the long term cause diseases such as obesity and insulin resistance.
While its fat content in marshmallows recipes is minimal, each unit can contain up to 4 grams of added sugar, which is multiplied dramatically because almost nobody eats just one. And although few pay attention, one cup of this product contains 29 grams of sugar , 400 empty calories and, in total, 10 grams more than the recommended average amount. Because of this many have preferred to stop eating, or have chosen other types of recipes with healthier ingredients.
How to Make Delicious Marshmallow Recipe
As we know you do not want to stop enjoying them, this time we want to share several homemade marshmallow recipes gluten free, low-calorie. Aim!
Vanilla Marshmallows Recipe
These marshmallows are made with honey bees organic, unflavored gelatin and a touch of vanilla extract. Unlike traditional, they contain refined sugars and nutrients have high quality.
Ingredients for Vanilla Marshmallow Recipe
- ½ cup honey (165 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- 1 and ½ tablespoon unflavored gelatin (15 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (0.6 g)
- ½ cup cold water (125 ml)
How to Prepare Vanilla Marshmallow Recipe ?
- To start, grease a baking sheet, cover with parchment paper and grease again.
- Then pour ¼ cup water in a bowl and add the gelatin.
- Mix with a hand blender and reserve.
- Besides, the other party pour water, salt and honey in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat.
- Bring the prepared form 240 degrees and when soft candy balls, remove it.
- When the syrup is ready, add it on the gelatin mixture, expected to sit a few minutes and whisk by hand.
- Add the vanilla, continue beating at high speed and make sure you get a thick mixture.
- Pour prepared on the baking sheet and leave in reserve uncovered, 4 to 12 hours.
- After this time, cut the marshmallows into small squares and enjoy them.
- Optionally you can sprinkle the cocoa powder to give a different flavor.
Also Read: 4 Green Detox Juices to Clean your Colon
Marshmallows Recipes Rich in Protein
Protein – rich marshmallows recipe is a delicious and healthy recipe, designed for those who can not eat gluten and they need a “plus” protein of the highest quality. They have a significant energy value and are perfect to increase performance during physically demanding activities.
Ingredients for Protein Rich Marshmallows Recipe
- 50 g of whey protein powder
- 120g Greek yogurt
- 50 g of grated coconut
- 18 g of powdered gelatin
- Sweetener (to taste)
- 450 ml water
How to Prepare Protein Rich Marshmallows Recipe ?
- Pour gelatin unflavored in a bowl and mix with warm water.
- It incorporates whey protein, Greek yogurt and grated coconut, and whisk for 5 minutes.
- Covers a loaf pan with baking paper, take it to the refrigerator at least two hours.
- After this time must have formed a spongy block after cut into squares, it will become delicious marshmallows.
Cornstarch Marshmallows Recipe
This simple recipe is free of gluten, corn syrup or refined sugars. It is very similar to the previous one but we will give a more fluffy and soft consistency with a little cornstarch.
Ingredients for Marshmallow Recipe
- 1 cup cold water (250 ml)
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar unrefined (300 g)
- 1 cup honey (335 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (1.2 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (25 g)
How to Prepare Cornstarch Marshmallow Recipe ?
- Pour envelopes unflavored gelatin in half a cup of cold water and set aside.
- Stir in granulated sugar in a saucepan and mix with honey, salt and remaining water.
- Bring to medium heat, cover and let cook for 4 minutes.
- After this remove the lid and leave on low heat another 8 minutes.
- Then pour the syrup over the gelatin and whisk at high speed.
- After obtaining a white and thick mixture, grease a baking sheet, pour the preparation and let cool 4 hours.
- After this time, sprinkle with cornstarch and cut into small cubes.
Ready to enjoy? Dare to prepare any of these recipes and avoid refined sugars traditional sweet.
You’ll love it!