A recipe for a low carb and sugar free cheesecake.
To convert this to a crust simply make the graham crackers as desired in the recipe. Crush up the crackers (1 1/2 cups crushed) and combine with 1/3 cup of sugar alternative and 6 tablespoons of melted butter and press it into your pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes at 350
- Prepare a crust as indicated in the post above. Crust does not need to cool before adding the cheesecake ingredients.
- Cream Cheese- 24 ounces (3- 8 ounce packages for example), can use lower fat substitute.
- Greek Yogurt- 1 cup (can omit this by adding an additional 8 ounces of cream cheese instead).
- Sugar Alternative- Equivalent to 1 cup of sugar. I prefer granular alternative in this recipe.
- Lemon Extract- 2 teaspoons. You can find lemon extract online here.
- Eggs- 4.
- Optional- one lemon zested
Prepare the crust as described by the instructions. See post for alternatives. Set the oven to 350 for the cheesecake.
In a mixing bowl on a medium setting, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar alternative and lemon extract. If using zest, add it now (can divide and save some for topping too).
When the items in the mixing bowl are mixed, blended in the eggs, one egg at a time, blending between additions. Add the items from the mixing bowl to the pie crust and bake for 55 minutes.
When done baking the center of the cheesecake will not be fully set however, remove it from the oven anyway. Do not over-bake your cheesecake.
Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake from the pan or if you are using a pan with removable edges, you can loosen them here.
Cover the cake with plastic and place in the refrigerator for at least four hours. This should set the center of the cake.