Did you know that you can make your own mosquito repellent candles? And it is actually easy y’all! Just follow along below to get the instructions and use this recipe all summer long. This is a part of summer in jars week where we are sharing jar ideas all summer long. If you have missed any of the fun, be sure to catch up with day 1 and day 2. You will also want to scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the jar craft ideas for today from the other bloggers in this series.
Supplies for making mosquito repellent candles:
- Pint mason jars
- Floating candles
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Slice one lemon and one lime (this will be enough for two candles).
- Add a couple of slices of lemon and lime to the jar.
- Add a couple of sprigs of basil.
- Fill jar with water up to threads.
- Add in 10 – 15 drops of lemongrass oil.
- Add in floating candle.
- Light the candle and enjoy a pest free summer!
These not only look pretty but they will keep away the mosquitoes and other bugs from your summer parties. You have to love that! Start making your own mosquito repellent candles and you will never buy citronella candles at the store again. Now I promised you even more summer in a jar ideas. You just have to click the links below to be taken to those!