So hearty, so comforting, and so easy to make right in the crock-pot with just 10 min prep. Easy peasy!
Slow cooker soups are the best. There’s absolutely no sautéing or stirring involved, and you can simply set the crock-pot and forget it, letting the slow cooker do all the work for you.
The best part about this soup is how it can really be served in any kind of weather, especially in the 90+ degree weather we’ve been having!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place sausage, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beans, oregano and bay leaves into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth and 2 cups water until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately.