This chocolate avocado smoothie is super healthy, quick, simple and ultra creamy! Doesn’t taste a bit like avocados and can also be made as pudding. Naturally gluten-free with paleo, vegan and dairy-free options.
So for about 6 weeks, no matter where I went shopping, all I could find were rock hard, awful, turned-rotten-before-ripening avocados. As soon as the good ones returned, I just had to go and buy six of them.
A few days later and, “Oh… I have a lot of ripe avocados that need to be used immediately. Whoops.” But it didn’t turn out to be a problem because I just love throwing avocados into random things. It’s an art form that I’m continually trying to master. 😉
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
This healthy chocolate avocado smoothie is super quick, simple and ultra creamy! Doesn’t taste a bit like avocados and can also be made as pudding, naturally gluten-free, paleo, with vegan and dairy-free options
- 85 grams cold avocado flesh (~ 1/2 Hass avocado)
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 medium cold banana (mine was 120 grams without the peel)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or coconut cream for the paleo / vegan option (see below for more options)
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, optional (for vegan, dairy-free, or paleo – use non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend everything together in a food processor (or a blender if you have a very good one – mine requires too much liquid for a thick smoothie like this) until it’s very creamy. Add more milk until it’s the desired thickness.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in the refrigerator for up to one day.
- Coconut cream (from a can of refrigerated canned coconut milk) or coconut milk yogurt will yield a thick smoothie like you see but you could also use coconut milk for a thinner version.