Acne and blemishes are age old problems that 9 out of 10 people suffer from. Turmeric is long known for its skin beautifying properties and is great for acne-prone skin. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory anti-bacterial properties that fight blemishes for clear skin naturally. Acne can also be caused by hormonal imbalance, which can be as a result of stress or menstruation. Whatever maybe the reason, turmeric can always help you keep acne under control. Below is a simple DIY turmeric mask for clear, bright and acne-free skin along with its benefits-
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce acne redness and the pain related to it.
- Turmeric also has anti-microbial effects that treat acne effectively by inhibiting the bacteria or fungus responsible for it.
- Apart from acne treatment, the mask also brightens up the skin due to anti-tanning effects of turmeric, bleaching properties of honey and exfoliating properties of rice flour.
- Rice flour exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. It also soaks extra sebum thus drying off the acne and keeping skin oil-free.
- Yogurt has sebum-balancing properties that gradually make your skin less-oily. The good bacteria in it also help fight acne-causing microbes.
- Honey too has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects that treat acne. It also has skin bleaching properties that add a fresh glow to your skin and helps fight tan.
- The mask, when used regularly, dries off acne which peels away on their own keeping your skin glowing, clear and healthy.
DIY MASK RECIPE:
Things you need-
- 2 teaspoons rice flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder,
- 1 tablespoon yogurt and
- 1 teaspoon honey.
In a bowl, add 2 teaspoons of rice flour, 1/2 teaspoons of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey. Give everything a very good mix making sure there are no lumps. If the face mask feels very thick, you can add in more yogurt or add in some cold rose water if you have very oily skin.
Now, wash your face with a good quality cleanser and apply the mask evenly on the face. If you have dark circles or dry under eyes, you can apply the mask there too. Let the mask sit on your face for good 30 minutes and spray rose water all over. Massage your skin with the mask gently so that rice flour in it can exfoliate your skin. Rinse off and use a mild cleanser if skin feels slippery or greasy or much stained due to turmeric. Pat dry and follow with a gel-based moisturizer if you have oily skin and a good cream based moisturizer if you have dry skin.
Massage your skin with the mask gently so that rice flour in it can exfoliate your skin. Rinse off and use a mild cleanser if skin feels slippery or greasy or much stained due to turmeric. Pat dry and follow with a gel-based moisturizer if you have oily skin and a good cream based moisturizer if you have dry skin.